For A Fast & Reliable Cure To Flue Problems, Call The Chimney Doctor
We all want to be able to sit down in front of the fireplace and enjoy the warmth and comfort it brings. But in order to do that, you have to be sure your chimney’s flue liner is in great condition. You see, the flue liner is responsible for containing hazardous combustion gases, smoke, and byproducts, as well as all the intense heat created by the fire.
By containing and swiftly removing these things from the home, the flue liner makes it possible for you to have a nice, cozy night by the fireside. But when damage occurs or the liner isn’t the right material or size for the job, big problems can arise.
Here are some common issues, as well as reasons why flue relining/resurfacing/repair is so important:
- Water/Moisture Damage — Moisture from chimney leaks and moisture in the gases created by the fire can cause cracks and flaking in clay tile liners or rust and corrosion in aluminum liners. If repairs aren’t made or the flue isn’t relined, the liner simply won’t be able to effectively do its job of containing and removing hazardous byproducts and preventing heat transfer.
- Performance Problems/Resizing — In order to achieve proper draft and keep the fire going without smoke problems and performance issues, the chimney flue must be appropriately sized for the fireplace opening. If it’s too big or it’s damaged and causing resistance or reducing draft, your fireplace simply won’t be able to perform at optimal levels. Who wants to light a fire in the fireplace if it means low heat, lots of hassle, and lots of smoke?
- System Changes — Not every type of appliance is approved for use with every type of flue liner, which means, if you’re changing one, you may need to change the other as well for safety and performance reasons.
We Offer The Industry’s BestFlue Liner Repair & Restoration Options Throughout Memphis
As current firefighters and members of the Memphis Special Ops Urban Search & Rescue team, to us there’s nothing more important than safe burning practices and fire prevention. That’s why we reline chimneys with the most trusted and proven products, materials, and systems. Our relining and flue line repair options include:
- Stainless Steel — Stainless steel liners are durable, corrosion resistant, versatile, and approved for use with all fuel types. If your clay tile liner is severely damaged or your chimney was built without a liner, this is an affordable option that cuts installation time and labor costs. Plus, it’ll last you a lifetime.
- HeatShield® — HeatShield® is a revolutionary flue liner repair and resurfacing system that allows us to restore damaged flue joints and insulate and restore flue surfaces. If you have gaps in your flue joints or minor damage all along the clay tile liner, this can be a great option for repair and restoration.
If it’s time to have your flue looked at, call The Chimney Doctor. We perform thorough chimney inspections and will provide you with a detailed analysis (including photo documentation) of your flue liner and its condition. If it’s time to schedule repairs or a relining, we will discuss your options and your budget with you and help you determine what’s best for your home. Give us a call today at 901-388-8097 or reach out to us here on our website to schedule an appointment with one of our certified, licensed, insured, and experienced chimney pros.
Like us on Facebook