We Keep The Dryer Vents Of Memphis Clean & Clear
Even if you’re not a big fan of doing laundry, you’re a big fan of your clothes dryer. It saves you time and effort and it’s one of the modern conveniences we often take for granted but wouldn’t want to be without. But like your fireplace, your clothes dryer relies on a clean and clear venting system each and every time it’s used. The vent is what allows it to safely and efficiently dry your clothes, but over time, lint and other debris can build up and block the flow of air.
Why Dirty Dryer Vents Are A Problem
Blocked dryer vents can negatively affect the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of your clothes dryer in a number of ways:
- Shorter lifespan for your dryer — Blocked dryer vents limit the amount of airflow your clothes dryer gets and force it to run hotter and work harder to do the job. This can be hard on your clothes, yes, but it can also be really hard on your dryer. It can even significantly shorten its service life, which means you’ll find yourself shopping around for a new dryer sooner than you might have planned.
- Dryer fire — Blocked dryer vents force the dryer to work at hotter temperatures, and these hotter temperatures can cause the flammable lint inside the dryer vent to catch fire. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that U.S. fire departments respond to an average of almost 16,000 clothes dryer or washing machine fires in the U.S. each year, with the majority of them being caused by dirty dryer vents.
- Time & energy waste — Let’s face it: you have better things to do than sit around waiting for clothes to dry. But when your dryer vents are clogged with lint, you’ll end up waiting longer for a load of laundry to dry, wasting both time and energy. You’ll also end up running your dryer for multiple cycles just to dry a single load, which is hard on your clothes and hard on your dryer.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning — Because they produce carbon monoxide, gas clothes dryers can be particularly dangerous if the vent is blocked. This tasteless, odorless, colorless gas is virtually undetectable without a CO2 detector and can make you and your family sick — it can even be fatal in larger doses.
A simple dryer vent cleaning can accomplish the following:
- save you time
- save you money on utilities
- prolong the service life of your clothes dryer
- protect your clothes against unnecessarily high heats and long dry times
- and significantly reduce your risk of dryer-related house fire and carbon monoxide poisoning
How To Know If You Need To Have Your Dryer Vents Cleaned
Newer dryers may be smart, but as far we know, they aren’t yet telling us when it’s time to have the attached venting systems cleaned. So how can you tell if your dryer vents need to be cleaned? Look for these signs and symptoms:
- Lint on the floor around the clothes dryer
- Lint in other rooms of your home
- Longer dry times and multiple cycles needed to do the job
- Burning smells when your dryer is in use or strange burning smells on your clothes when you take them out of the dryer
- Dryer that’s hotter than normal to the touch when in use
Another thing you can do is go to the outside exhaust hood when the dryer is in use. If you don’t feel any air coming out, it’s time for a cleaning.
Keeping Up With Dryer Vent Cleanings Is Smart & Protects You, Your Family & Your Investment
Investing in regular dryer vent cleanings is a great way to protect the investment you made in a new clothes dryer and keep you and your family protected against the threat of a house fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. If you’ve noticed any of the signs or symptoms above or you just want to make sure your dryer is running as safely and as efficiently as it could and should, give The Chimney Doctor a call.
We’ll thoroughly inspect your dryer vents, and if it’s time for a cleaning, we’ll clean them quickly, thoroughly, and without making a mess. Our team can remove lint, nesting materials, and other debris, and make sure the vent is free of any blockages or buildup.
Call The Chimney Doctor Today For Mess-Free & Effective Dryer Vent Cleaning
As a company founded by a former Memphis firefighter and former member of the Special Ops Urban Search & Rescue team of Memphis, to us, there’s nothing more important than preventing fires. Let our team of expertly trained, licensed, and insured dryer vent cleaning specialists help you and your family keep your risk of house fire low, all while saving you money on utilities and appliances. Call 901-388-8097 or request an appointment with us right here on our website. Our friendly and reliable team is always just a phone call away.
Like us on Facebook